- SL created learning communities
- PD is not that much different then RL at this time. (This will be interesting to watch)
- Hardware and bandwidth are still issues with SL
Teen Grid Findings
- Suffern Middle School
- Mac School
- Learn more and more engaged in SL
- Need a school infrastructure and support for successful SL implementation
- Self-directed learning (Is what SL is all about)
- With support the learning curve is gentle.
- A good list of things already happening in teen SL
ISTE HQ is a great place to start in SL for educators
C.A.V.E. (Center for Advanced Virtual Education)
- Four building dedicated to learning what SL can do.
- To facilitate conversations about SL in education
- Open conversations about SL coming soon to the C.A.V.E.
- Free place for educators
- Only must: You have to blog the experience
- 1 month free rentals
- A place to get started for educators
- Contact KJ Hax to get started!
Need to learn how to unlearn. This is a new learning experience which requires new lessons, new thinking, new teaching, new learning.