(Full Disclosure: It comes on right after American Idol on our TV so watch it by default….I’m in China our choices are limited! 🙂 )
1) Grab your laptop and go to Google.com
2) When a question is asked see how long it takes you to find the answer.
3) Think about all the useless content we teach students 1-5 grade.
- What does this say about what we’re teaching?
- How much of the content that we teach in grades 1-5 is useless to us in the “real world”
- Think like a 5th grader today: “Why should I learn this stuff when I can find it on google faster and when I need it?”