Reflections from EARCOS and off to Jakarta
I’m home from the EARCOS Admin conference just for a day before flying out to Jakarta for the Learning in a Digital World conference.
Before I leave for Jakarta, I wanted to jot down some reflective notes about the EARCOS Admin conference.
- Having the opportunity to meet with 26 Business Managers was an honor. Out of the 26 schools represented. 12 are already 1:1 and the other 14 will be there in 2 years or less.
- Meeting, talking, and learning from Alan November was great fun. His automative vs infomative session has me thinking about how we use technology, and were do we spend our money.
- All four of my sessions went well with 30-50 people in each session. Best part, was a principal who looked up her school on Wikipedia, found that it had been vandalized, was able to follow the links and found the student’s Facebook page who did it. A great moment for all who attended that session.
- Wireless access at a conference no longer is an option. It just has to be.
- Played with Cover It Live, a great live blogging tool that allowed others to join in on the conference. (See blog posts below).
- Technology and 1:1 is a hot topic in international schools right now, and I see it only getting more attention as schools in the region wrestle with this changing world we find ourselves in.
That’s it, back on a plane bound for Jakarta for the weekend!